The Christians Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The-Christians-Forum.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is Ezekiel 38 Imminent; SEEMS LIKE EZEKIEL 38 IS HAVING ITS STAGE SET Only God knows how near Gog / Magog war is.
Topic Started: Jun 20 2010, 02:35 AM (10,460 Views)
Silver
Assistant Admin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is Ezekiel 38 Imminent?
By Bill Salus
ProphecyDepot.com

Current Middle East events are definitely stage setting for the final fulfillment of the Israeli War prophecies of Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38-39. Turkey's recent newsworthy gyrations against Israel has got the “EZEKIEL 38 NOW” advocates rightfully at the edge of their seats. Now, Turkey and Iran, both members of the Ezekiel 38-39 prophecy, share a common enmity toward Israel.

Mainstream media has seized the opportunity to make Turkey’s bid to embarrass Israel and Iran’s nuclear aim to destroy Israel front page news. This media blitz has played an instrumental part in creating a significant amount of recent Ezekiel 38 newspaper exegesis.

Certainly, there is just cause to consider the Ezekiel 38–39 prophecy in light of recent events, however, what about Hezbollah, Syria, Hamas, and the Palestinians? They also are at odds with Israel and likewise frequently dominate current Mideast headlines. Curiously, Ezekiel 38 describes nine distinct populations by their ancient names including Russia, Iran, Turkey, and Libya but omits the historic name equivalents of Hezbollah, Syria, Hamas, and the Palestinians

In light of the fact that these omitted populations are presently among Israel’s most observable enemies, some “EZEKIEL 38 NOW” advocates have attempted to identify them in Ezekiel 38:6 among the "many peoples with thee" of the Ezekiel 38 Magog confederacy. However, there are three potential problems with this line of teaching.

1. Hezbollah, Syria, Hamas and the Palestinians along with Egyptians, Saudis, and Jordanians are identified in a distinctly different Israeli War prophecy described in Psalm 83. The Psalm lists ten entirely separate members not included among the Ezekiel 38:1-6 invaders. Thus it is probable they are not the “many peoples with thee” in Ezekiel 38:6, but are the “many peoples distinct from thee.”

2. The hordes of Ezekiel 38 invaders must cross over much of the land possessed by these Psalm 83 nations and/or territories presently occupied by the terrorist populations in order to invade the nation of Israel. This beckons the question; Why aren't these nations, terrorists, or refugees listed among the Ezekiel 38 invaders?

3. Most importantly, Ezekiel 38 identifies nine specific invading populations but oddly doesn’t mention any of the Psalm 83 Arab confederates among them. This conspicuous omission makes no sense when you consider that Ezekiel references all of the Psalm 83 members numerous times elsewhere throughout his prophetic book.

Case in point, Ezekiel lists Tyre 12 times. Tyre is a member of Psalm 83 and likely represents the Hezbollah today. He alludes to Philistia and/or Philistines 4 times. They are probably the Hamas. Edom or the Edomites are referenced 7 times. Asaph, the author of Psalm 83, calls them the tents of Edom and I interpret that as today’s Palestinian refugees.

The other Psalm 83 members like, Moab or Moabites, Ammon or Ammonites, Amalakites, Egyptians, Assyrians, Gebal (Lebanon), and the Saudis under the ancient banners of Dedan or the Ishmaelites, are also referenced elsewhere in the book of Ezekiel. In fact, all together the above Psalm 83 confederates are mentioned 89 times by Ezekiel.

Not one of those 89 references shows up in Ezekiel 38-39, with the exception of a potential Saudi contingent represented by Dedan in Ezekiel 38:13. But in this instance, Dedan appears to abstain from enjoining with the Ezekiel invaders. This suggests they want no further part in an invasion of Israel. Ezekiel 25:13 declares many in Dedan will be killed in a war, which appears to be the result of the Psalm 83 war. If so, this could be the reason they apparently opt out of the Ezekiel invasion.

I believe the glaring omission of the Psalm 83 Arab confederates from the Ezekiel 38 list of invaders suggests they are not part of the Ezekiel 38-39 invasion. It is highly possible that they are defeated either prior to, or in the aftermath of, the Ezekiel 38–39 Israeli War prophecy. Listed below are a few of the reason I believe Psalm 83 precedes Ezekiel 38.

Ezekiel 38:8-13 mandates that Israel must be dwelling securely, without walls, bars, or gates, and in the center of the Genesis 15:18 landmass. Additionally, the Jewish State must be in receipt of great spoil. In my estimation, Israel today is not fulfilling these conditions.

Israel is unable to dwell securely as a result of their surrounding Psalm 83 hostile Arab neighbors. Walls, bars, and gates exist in Israel today in order to protect them from being terrorized by certain members of the Psalm 83 confederates, like Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Palestinians in general. Additionally, the goal of the Ezekiel 38 invaders is to destroy Israel and take plunder and great spoil. Israel doesn’t’ presently appear to possess the great spoil that Russia and their coalition will someday covet.

However, in the aftermath of an Israeli Conquest over the Psalm 83 confederates, all of the above requirements could easily be met. A safe dwelling Israel could temporarily emerge. Arab spoils of war could be had, additional territory annexed, and walls, bars, and gates could be swiftly brought down.

Another important distinction between the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 and Psalm 83 is found in their differing motives. Psalm 83:12 declares that the Arab confederates want to destroy Israel to take over the Promised Land. Ezekiel 38:12-13 states the Ezekiel invaders seek to destroy the Jewish State and confiscate plunder and great spoil.

The Exceedingly Great Army of Ezekiel 37:10 Argument

Another important difference between Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 may be understood by identifying the purpose of the “exceedingly great army” of Ezekiel 37:10. The Ezekiel 38 invaders are destroyed divinely, but the Psalm 83 Arab confederates appear to be defeated by the Israeli Defense Forces according to Ezekiel 25:14, and Obadiah 1:18.

Interestingly, an exceedingly great army of Israel is mentioned in Ezekiel 37:10. This reference seemingly segues into the Ezekiel 38–39 prophecy. Logically, a reader might assume this army plays an instrumental role in the war of Ezekiel 38. However, Ezekiel 38:18- 39:6 teaches that this army plays little to no part in Ezekiel’s invasion.

Upon closer investigation, this army appears to be the tool empowered by God to defeat the Psalm 83 Arab confederacy. If so, the fact that the army of Ezekiel 37:10 is referenced prior to the Ezekiel 38-39 war passages infers that chronologically Psalm 83 precedes Ezekiel 38.

Some of today’s expositors teach that Ezekiel 37:10 alludes to a “multitude” rather than an army. However, there are some important interpretive details to consider when deciphering Ezekiel 37:10. The Hebrew word Ezekiel uses in verse 10 for army is, "chayil" and it is used 12 times elsewhere by Ezekiel and over 225 times throughout the Old Testament.

All of Ezekiel’s usages and many Old Testament renderings clearly depict it as either an army or riches acquired via the spoils obtained in the aftermath of a war. Nowhere else in the book of Ezekiel can it possibly be translated as a multitude. This establishes precedent that an army rather than a multitude is being described by Ezekiel.

Ezekiel’s 12 specific usages of the word “chayil” are as follows;

•Ezek. 17:17 Pharaoh’s army
•Ezek. 26:12 Babylonian army taking “riches” or spoil from victory over Tyre
•Ezek. 27:10-11 armies of Tyre
•Ezek. 28:4-5 riches acquired by the ruler of Tyre
•Ezek. 29:18-19 Nebuchadnezzar’s army
•Ezek. 32:31 Pharaoh’s army
•Ezek. 37:10 Israel’s army
•Ezek. 38:4, 15 armies of Gog of Magog
Further supporting the proper interpretation being an army, the following Bible translations interpret chayil to be an “army”: King James Version, New King James Version, American Standard Version, New American Standard Bible, New International Version, New Living Translation, New Century Version, and The Living Bible.

Conversely, the Revised Standard Version translates the word as “host”. The New Revised Standard Version calls it a “multitude”. Obviously the reasons to interpret Ezekiel 37:10 as an army far outweigh the arguments for it alluding to a host or multitude.

In conclusion, the fulfillment of a Bible prophecy mandates that the episode meets the prophetic description of the event entirely and exactly. There can be no overlooking even the slightest detail given. The growing tendency among eschatologists to recognize that current Mideast events are stage setting for the coming Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 wars is to be commended. However, newspaper exegesis can often cause us to overlook significant prophetic details and should be avoided.

Perhaps Ezekiel 38 will come soon and precede Psalm 83, but from the numerous points made above it is a doubtful. There are ten members listed in Psalm 83 not listed in Ezekiel 38. These ten represent Israel’s most observable modern day enemies since becoming a nation in 1948. They should be considered carefully before elevating the Ezekiel 38–39 Gog of Magog invasion to an imminent event.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Silver
Assistant Admin
I'm already confused! Everybodies sending more and more flotillas. What's? Yeah .. the USS TRUMAN .. lol! Serious days for Israel. Gog / magog? LOL! The U.S.S. TRUMAN is an aircraft carrier in the Mediterranean. Floating nowhere! Get out the ' popcorn' this is getting close...also, remembering that no one comes to their aid but God, and in such a way that all the nations know that God rescued Israel.
Posted Image

The leaders no longer knows who are their friends or allies. There is so much deception and disinformation.
God has them all confused and out smarted by them believing in their own lies and the lies of the enemies.
Besides, God controls the forces of heaven. He never sleeps nor slumber.

All the world is a stage.

It is all going as HE had planned.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3907369,00.html

UNIFIL will enforce Resolution 1701, stop flotilla

I laughed when I saw this. And NATO troops patrolling Gaza will be no better.
Hellzballah flags flew from the UNIFIL headquarters in Lebanon! They guard the terrorists, not stop them!
What UNIFIL SHOULD do - and what they DO do - is completely unrelated.

June 19, 2010, Saturday | 7 Tammuz, 5770

----------------

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-u-s-israeli-warships-cross-suez-canal-toward-red-sea-1.297068

11 US, 1 Israeli warships cross Suez Canal toward Red Sea, Persian Gulf ----------------
EGYPT is NOT Israel's Friend!!!

They are just as much an enemy as all other nations ... WORSE!
Because the world thinks they are a friend!

Egypt Badr-2010 practiced invading Israel, military forces on maneuvers in the Sinai Peninsula simulated an invasion of southern Israel,
featured an armed crossing of the Suez Canal followed by a deep thrust into enemy territory. Israel! Egypt and Israel signed a
peace deal in 1979 in exchange for ongoing US military aid for any future attack on Israel. Israel Today May 24, 2010

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=21149

Isreal Headlines...
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=79
Edited by Silver, Jun 20 2010, 06:42 AM.

Silver
Assistant Admin
It's coming . . is this Ezekiel 38 in 'position'

US Battleships Cross Suez Canal

Report: US battleships cross Suez Canal - Israel News, Ynetnews

Report: US battleships cross Suez Canal

According to Al-Quds al-Arabi report, 11 American warships, one Israeli vessel, crossed Suez Canal into Red Sea

Roee Nahmias Published: 06.19.10, 14:55 / Israel News

Eleven American battleships and an Israeli one crossed the Suez Canal Friday en route to the Red Sea, the London-based al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper reported.

According to the report, traffic in the canal was halted for several hours in order to allow US Navy vessels, which included an aircraft carrier and carried infantry troops, armored vehicles and ammunition, to pass from the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea.

It was further reported that eyewitnesses detected an Israeli warship among the vessels. No confirmation has been received from Egyptian authorities.

The report also noted that fishing activities in the area were stopped during the ships' passage as well as traffic on the bridges above the canal.

Retired Egyptian General Amin Radi, chairman of the national security affairs committee, told the paper that "the decision to declare war on Iran is not easy, and Israel, due to its wild nature, may start a war just to remain the sole nuclear power in the region.

Silver
Assistant Admin
Posted Image

Silver
Assistant Admin
GOG - MAGOG<< Ezekiel 38 >>
New American Standard Bible
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prophecy about Gog and Future Invasion of Israel

1And the word of the LORD came to me saying, 2“Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him 3and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal. 4“I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords; 5Persia, Ethiopia and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6Gomer with all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north with all its troops—many peoples with you.
7“Be prepared, and prepare yourself, you and all your companies that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. 8“After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them. 9“You will go up, you will come like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your troops, and many peoples with you.”

10‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan, 11and you will say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates, 12to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world.’ 13“Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish with all its villages will say to you, ‘Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to capture great spoil?’”’

14“Therefore prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “On that day when My people Israel are living securely, will you not know it? 15“You will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly and a mighty army; 16and you will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It shall come about in the last days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.”

17‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Are you the one of whom I spoke in former days through My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in those days for many years that I would bring you against them? 18“It will come about on that day, when Gog comes against the land of Israel,” declares the Lord GOD, “that My fury will mount up in My anger. 19“In My zeal and in My blazing wrath I declare that on that day there will surely be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20“The fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all the creeping things that creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the face of the earth will shake at My presence; the mountains also will be thrown down, the steep pathways will collapse and every wall will fall to the ground. 21“I will call for a sword against him on all My mountains,” declares the Lord GOD. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22“With pestilence and with blood I will enter into judgment with him; and I will rain on him and on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, a torrential rain, with hailstones, fire and brimstone. 23“I will magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the LORD.”’
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<< Ezekiel 38 >>

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/09/world/09iran.html
Edited by Silver, Jun 20 2010, 07:18 AM.

Silver
Assistant Admin
The Rapture Report - US and Israeli warships cross Suez Canal

US and Israeli warships cross Suez Canal
Written: 06-19-2010
Rapture Forum Staff: Chris

According to a London based newspaper the U.S. and Israel have sent as many as twelve warships through the Suez Canal on Friday. This group of warships included a U.S. aircraft carrier as well as an Israeli warship. The news article did not elaborate on the exact nature or size of the Israeli warship at this time, but the report did mention the passage of the U.S. aircraft carrier and the fact that it was carrying armored vehicles, troops, and ammunition. The YNetNews article reports:

Eleven American battleships and an Israeli one crossed the Suez Canal Friday en route to the Red Sea, the London-based al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper reported. According to the report, traffic in the canal was halted for several hours in order to allow US Navy vessels, which included an aircraft carrier and carried infantry troops, armored vehicles and ammunition, to pass from the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea.
Further:

It was further reported that eyewitnesses detected an Israeli warship among the vessels. No confirmation has been received from Egyptian authorities. The report also noted that fishing activities in the area were stopped during the ships' passage as well as traffic on the bridges above the canal.
Retired Egyptian General Amin Radi, chairman of the national security affairs committee, told the paper that "the decision to declare war on Iran is not easy, and Israel, due to its wild nature, may start a war just to remain the sole nuclear power in the region.

While the Egyptians were rather negative in their comments towards the Israeli warship passage, this could be easily explained by the increased tension between Israel and her Arab neighbors over the recent Gaza flotilla crisis. But regardless, this seems to be a massive movement of ships into the Iranian military theater. Perhaps we are seeing more buildups of U.S. forces in the region in an anticipation of a military strike on Iran. We know from previous reports that the Israelis have several nuclear submarines in the Persian Gulf off the shores of Iran. Additional Israelis warships in the region are only bound to increase the already tense pressure in the region as Iran continues sprinting towards the nuclear finish line with their atomic weapons program.

While it is hard to say if this movement of warships is a sign of an imminent military action against Iran, I would advise students of Bible prophecy to watch this situation and the news reports for any further significant military assets being moved around in the region. As we noted before in previous Rapture Reports, Russia has promised to finish the Iranian nuclear plant at Bushehr in August and help the Iranians to go "online" with their nuclear program. The fact that Israel has always struck against a perceived nuclear threat before it goes "online" is a strong sign that time is clearly running out for Israel and that the window is opportunity to strike Iran is certainly closing. This would seem to me to say that the odds of a soon strike on Iran are increasing daily. As a result, we need to keep watching this situation as it could be the fuse that sets the Middle East ablaze.

In a sign that the Gaza flotilla crisis in the Middle East is heating up some, there is a new news article that says that Turkey is not the enemy of Israel, but rather that Turkish PM Recap Tayyip Erdogan is the enemy is Israel. This article comes from the Haaretz news agency and reports:

Tourism Minister Stas Misezhnikov slammed Turkish Prime Minister Recap Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday, saying that while Turkey isn't Israel's enemy, Erdogan is. "The Turkish people aren't the enemy, but Erdogan is Israel's enemy," said Misezhnikov in response to Erdogan's earlier comments that Turkey's problem is with the Israeli government, and not the Israeli people.
To further support the Israeli official's comments it is being reported that Erdogan is basically repeating the same thing. Erdogan is reported to have said:

Earlier on Saturday, Erdogan said that his country did not have a problem with Israel's people but rather with its government's policies, the Turkish news agency Andolu reported.
Despite the flare-up between Erdogan and the Israeli government, the Israelis have made it crystal clear that they do not have any intention of giving up their right to continue on with the Gaza naval blockade. In fact, Israel has made it known to the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that they will continue to exercise this right according to international law. The Jerusalem Post is reporting:

A letter declaring Israel's intent to stop a new flotilla of ships being organized in Lebanon to break the naval blockade of Gaza was sent to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday by the Israeli ambassador to the UN, Gabriela Shalev. "We will stop the Lebanese flotilla with all means," Shalev wrote.
Shalev also called the the new flotilla an unnecessary provocation and reiterated that Israel continued to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza at the land crossings from Israel into the Strip.

While the ongoing Gaza flotilla crisis has taken the world's eyes and mind off the Middle East peace process, I think it is quite likely that another crisis such as Israel finally acting on Iran could soon occupy the world's attention. With the United States focusing almost exclusively on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the Israelis seem to be at a point where they can catch the world off guard and take care of the Iranian threat. This Iranian threat is one that simply can't be allowed to go on much longer. And when Israel makes a move, I would imagine that this could help to further set the stage for Bible prophecy fulfillment. At this point in time all we can do is sit and watch as things take their course. But even the casual observer can see that the storm clouds are on the horizon for the Middle East. It was just the other day that Syrian President Bashar Assad made some comments whereby he placed the blame for the tension in the region on Israel and said that their actions had only made war in the region more likely. It seems to me that the writing is on the wall for all to see. It's just a matter of who moves first in this deadly cat and mouse game.

As a result, students of Bible prophecy should continue to watch the Middle East region as we know that Israel is God's time clock as it relates to the end times. By watching Israel we can discern where we are in the end times. And to me, the signs are pointing to the soon return of the Lord Jesus for his church and the fulfillment of pre-tribulation events in preparation for the eventual rise of the coming Antichrist and the coming 70th week of Daniel.

I encourage you all to keep looking up, each and every day comes with another surprise that moves us even closer to the blessed hope of the rapture of the church. As we see the signs of the end times moving around the world stage, we should keep looking up for the Bible declares that our redemption is drawing nigh. Let us also pray for the peace of Jerusalem and the Jewish people in Israel. We need to pray that God gives Israel's leaders like Netanyahu, Lieberman, and Barak the kind of knowledge and courage that they need to handle these enormous problems.

God bless.

Edited by Silver, Jun 20 2010, 04:07 PM.

Silver
Assistant Admin
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138164

US, Israel Warships in Suez May Be Prelude to Faceoff with Iran

Silver
Assistant Admin
Gaza sea blockade upheld by US, EU

Israel eases land siege

It is stunning when GOD intervenes in a crisis! HALLELUJAH!!

June 20, 2010, Sunday | 8 Tammuz, 5770 about 10:00 pm

Barring surprises, the sea campaign against Israel's naval blockade of Gaza spearheaded by Turkey may have run its course, debkafile's Middle East sources report.

Beirut is close to abandoning the Lebanese convoy, Damascus has turned away requests to use its ports, Cyprus is negative and even the Iranian expedition appears snarled. Israel has in the last 24 hours won US and European support for its sea blockade.
It was endorsed also by Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas after the Israeli cabinet bowed to international pressure and approved the passage of all civilian goods to the 1.2 million Palestinians of the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip.

After Israel endured three weeks of international censure for its commando raid on the flotilla aiming to break the Gaza blockade and 9 Turkish deaths aboard the Mavi Marmara, the
Netanyahu government has hauled the wheel round, stemmed the tide of opprobrium and stabilized Israel's diplomatic and security position. British ex-prime minister
Tony Blair, Special Envoy of the Middle East Quartet, pitched in to help Israel out of a tight spot ahead of prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu's White House meeting with President Barack Obama on July 8.

The formula drafted and approved by Israel's security cabinet permitted all civilian goods to reach Gaza, banned military, dual-use materials and weapons, and left the sea blockade in place.

In Gaza, Hamas leader Mahmoud A Zahar, furious over the collapse of the campaign against the blockade, declared Sunday, June 20 that it was time for Qassam missiles to be launched against Israel from the West Bank as well as Gaza.
Nothing about Hamas' policy had changed, he stressed in response to Blair's admonition that Hamas could become part of the peace process if it released the Israel soldier, Gilad Shalit, held captive for four years, and renounced violence.

debkafile's military sources report that Israel and Western military and intelligence circles in the Middle East warn that a celebration over the apparent end of the flotilla chapter would premature.
Thwarted for now, Turkey, Iran, Hizballah and Hamas may be at this minute plotting a major operation for giving the Israeli Navy enforcing the blockade a nasty surprise.

For now, Washington, Jerusalem, the Europeans and Abbas' faction between them have managed to post keep out signs over most Middle East ports usable for sending convoys out to Gaza.
The first to be affected was the two-ship Lebanese flotilla that was scheduled to set sail from Beirut port Monday, 21.

The White House in Washington, the UN Secretary's bureau in New York and UNIFIL Command headquarters in Lebanon made it clear to the Lebanese prime minister Saad Hariri that
letting the two-ship campaign flotilla to depart Beirut port on schedule, Monday June 21, would be a very bad idea. Various bureaucratic pretexts were found Sunday to keep the ship from sailing.

Our intelligence sources also disclose: Campaign organizers turned to Damascus for the use of Syrian ports, only to be told that Syria is at war with Israel and not looking for trouble.
Anyway, it would most inconvenient at this time because President Bashar Assad is preparing for a long absence touring Latin America.
They have not had much luck with South European, Greek or Cypriot ports because of the deal Tony Blair swung with Netanyahu.

The only ports remaining now for launching boats against the Gaza blockade are Turkish, but the fact that one of the ships, to have carried scores of women campaigners,
including many 'catholic christians', was dedicated to Mary, the mother of Jesus (Maryam in Arabic) does not sit easily in Ankara and its Islamic government. The second ship is Julia.

At a joint news conference in Jerusalem Sunday, Netanyahu and Blair announced that a new list of banned goods for passage through land crossings from Israel would be published soon and
construction materials allowed for projects under international supervision such as schools, health facilities, housing, sanitation and water - to make sure they are not used for military installations.
The opening of additional crossings would be contingent on the security situation.

http://www.debka.com/article/8865/

Silver
Assistant Admin
:e223: ...still trying to make sense of it all..... :e214:

Added info. (may be more specific )Posted Image

NewNaval_Update_06_16_10_800.jpg (301.75 KiB) Viewed 13 times

12 American Warships, Including One Aircraft Carrier, And One Israeli Corvette, Cross Suez Canal On Way To Red Sea And Beyond

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 06/19/2010 23:27 -0500

Arabic newspaper Al-Quds al-Arabi reports that 12 American warships, among which one aircraft carrier, as well as one Israeli corvette, and possibly a submarine, have crossed the Suez Canal on their way to the Red Sea. Concurrently, thousands of Egyptian soldiers were deployed along the canal to protect the ships. The passage disrupted traffic into the manmade canal for the "longest time in years." The immediate destination of the fleet is unknown. According to Global Security, two other carriers are already deployed in the region, with the CVN-73 Washington in the western Pacific as of May 26, and the CVN-69 Eisenhower supporting operation Enduring Freedom as of May 22. It is unclear at first read what the third carrier group may be, but if this news, which was also confirmed by the Jerusalem Post and Haaretz, is correct, then the Debka report about a surge in aircraft activity in the Persian Gulf is well on its way to being confirmed. There has been no update on the three Israeli nuclear-armed subs that are believed to be operating off the coast of Iran currently.

From the original article, translated by Google and Zero Hedge:

Shipping sources in the city of Suez on Friday have said that 12 U.S. warships, including a giant Israeli warship, have crossed the Suez Canal in the early hours of dawn on Friday, en route to the Red Sea coast, at the same time as the channel has seen large numbers of soldiers. According to sources and eyewitnesses 'The Suez Canal traffic was disrupted for hours in the morning during the crossing of U.S. Navy, which includes a giant aircraft carrier, soldiers, ships and infantry, armor and ammunition, coming from the Mediterranean Sea on its way to the Red Sea'. The sources revealed that many merchant ships were disrupted outside the channel until the completion of the Navy passage, which observers said was one of the longest since several years. The sources added that the movement of fishing boats in the Bitter Lakes and Lake Gator and navigation between the two shores of the Suez Canal over the Peace Bridge and ferries of individuals and vehicles may be stopped completely.

Egypt deployed thousands of soldiers on both sides of the Suez Canal for insurance; witnesses said 'The Israeli warships were seen among the U.S. warships but official sources have not confirmed the information'.

Maj. Gen. Amin Radi Secretary of the Committee on National Security in the People's Assembly made an exclusive statement to to Al Quds Al Arabi, that the "decision to declare war on Iran is not easy, but Israel was known for her Beslvha and Arabdtha may provide to the war in order to maintain its leadership in the region as nuclear weapons are the only deterrent."

Radhi said, 'should be the scourge of Israel tend to be left a free hand should be forced by the international community to disarm its nuclear weapons before calling for strike on Iran'. In a related development, the opposition warned from various that the Egyptian regime that allows a repeat of the historica mistake when opening the Suez Canal to cross the fleet-American attack on Iraq in this context, Abdullah said Alsnanwi editor of 'Arab Nazareth' for 'Al Quds Al Arabi' that 'the Egyptians will not stand idly by this time they see the system of government in a major scandal in coordination with Israel and America to open the Suez Canal to attack Iran and Islam." He expressed surprise at the crossing of a huge number of American battleships, along with an Israeli sub carrying nuclear warheads, and wondered, what is the secret channel those huge numbers of warships to the Gulf, and he believed the difficulty to enter the U.S. facing big problems in Afghanistan and Iraq to open a front with Iran.

For his part, the leader of the Brotherhood warned of the consequences of a strike on Iran, stressing that accept the Arab and Muslim world such a thing is unacceptable and should not be silent if the masses bowed to the will of the governments in Washington and Tel Aviv.

The international media has pointed to the direction of an Israeli nuclear submarine model 'Dolphin' carry nuclear warheads and warships to the Gulf region in light of tensions with Iran.

With Iran warned Friday that any act against the interests of the Iranian people, legal and legitimate will result in legal response and appropriate action by Iran, said U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday that U.S. intelligence that indicates that it is likely to possess Tehran the ability to attack Europe ' tens or even hundreds of rockets' taken into account in the Government's decision to modify the Obama system for missile defenses. The United States has cited the growing threat of Iranian missiles when it announced in September (September) last plans to integrate missile defenses at sea and ashore in the member states of NATO in Europe and around the States in what was dubbed 'adaptive phased approach'. Gates said in a hearing on Congress 'among the elements of information that contributed to the decision to approach the interim adjustment to recognize that if Iran actually launched a rocket attack on Europe would not be just a missile or two or a few. He added, 'but is likely to be attacked with a barrage of missiles because of its potential to deal with tens or even hundreds of rockets'.

We have submitted a query to Hillary Clinton for confirmation, in advance of her meeting with Israel defense minister Ehud Barak, who flew in to the US on Saturday for meetings with the former first lady, as well as Robert Gates and Chairman of the JCS Mike Mullen. And yes, the Joint Chiefs of Staff don't really get involved in high level "diplomacy" all that often.

Update: it appears the Aircraft Carrier crossing the Suez is almost certainly CVN-75 Harry Truman, which until recently was in the Mediterranean according to Stratfor. According to Wikipedia, "the super carrier can accommodate approximately 80 aircraft." For some more curious information on the Truman, click here.
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48918022.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/12-american-warships-including-one-aircraft-carrier-and-one-israeli-corvette-cross-suez-cana
Edited by Silver, Jun 20 2010, 07:59 PM.

Silver
Assistant Admin
http://vftb.net/?p=3797
:goodone:

Blogtalk radio.....GOG-MAGOG!
Welcome to my bunker! It's not exactly your typical underground hideaway. Actually, it's our attic -- but it serves us well as a base for watching the Watchers.

While you're here, please visit the archived shows and take a moment to leave a comment--and thanks for visiting!

Edited by Silver, Jun 21 2010, 02:59 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Endtime Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

The Christians Forum